Veal Osso buco is a classic Milanese dish of braised veal shanks in a hearty wine- and vegetable-based sauce. The perfect one pot winter warmer. Cooked in the Bordeaux Round French Oven, shop here
What you will need :
- 4 veal osso bucco
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbs of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 50ml white wine
- 1 tin crushed tomato
- 1 tbsp preserved lemon
- 50 grams of sliced calamata olives
- Fresh basil for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees C (284 degrees F).
- Using a Chasseur Round French Oven, seal the Osso Bucco on both sides, then remove from the pot.
- Dice the onion and garlic and put in the pot and cook until nice and brown. Add the white wine, and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the crushed tomato, thyme, bay leaf, preserved lemon and kalamata olives. Add the veal back into the pot.
- Place the lid on and cook in the oven at 140˚C for two hours.
- Serve with fresh pasta and garnish with fresh basil.