What does the Chasseur warranty cover?
Chasseur guarantees any product that it sells to be free from defect in material, construction or workmanship under normal use and following the care instructions. This excludes damage caused by misuse or accident. The warranty extends only to the product’s original purchaser.
Observe a few simple rules to get the best out of your products and prolong its life:
- Never use the booster setting in your induction stove.
- Match the size of the flame to the width of the cookware. This avoids concentrating the heat over a small area.
- Raise the temperature of the stove top very gradually to ensure excellent heat diffusion
- Avoid high settings or fierce flames on stove tops. Cook up to medium heat setting only, after lightly smearing the cookware with greased absorbent paper.
- Avoid drops and knocks, especially on the edges of the product, to keep it free of chips
- Do not use metal scrapers or other metal utensils. Do not cut up food inside your pot, pan, or dish.
- Avoid the use of abrasive sponges and cleaning products.
- We advise against routinely putting enamelled cast iron cookware in the dishwasher. These machines use specific cleaning products that can tarnish and damage the enamel. Avoid the dishwasher completely for items with wooden handles.
The following are excluded from the warranty:
- Normal wear and tear of the product - for example, a change in the appearance (colour, gloss) of the enamel.
- The consequences of improper or abnormal use such as cooking at excessive temperatures, chipped enamels caused by knocks or overheating, frequent use in a dishwasher with abrasive products, etc.
- The consequences of poor, improper, or no maintenance of the product, of an accident, of negligence as in the case of faulty handling of the product, and more generally, failure to follow the recommendations for use and cleaning
- All indirect damage and all defects that cannot be attributed to Chasseur
- The commercial guarantee does not apply to products used professionally
Chasseur does not guarantee the other ceramic products that it sells. These items will chip or break if accidentally dropped or hit against a solid object or surface. These items will also wear out after a period of time. Their life expectancy will vary according to frequency of use.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Chasseur® will, at its discretion, repair or replace at no charge, unsatisfactory products.
The benefits to the consumer given by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of the consumer under a law in relation to the goods to which the warranty relates
To make a warranty claim call us on 1800 252 624 or click here to fill out the online warranty form.
To purchase a replacement knob for the Chasseur Cast Iron lids please click here.